Followers

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Halloween is Coming!!

A lot has been going on lately, and I couldn't possibly find the time to explain everything in one blog post, so I will just focus on the more important aspect of these past few weeks. I had to recover from three dislocated ribs again. I was boarding in downtown college town, and I was having a great time. Sol and myself were boarding with our new buddy Thor, and we had just come off of a bridge, and were going down a nice curvy hill. I would have been perfectly fine if I had carved the hill like I was supposed to. Carving is where you make long, sharp turns the whole way down a hill, to slow down quite a bit. I had started off carving, but I was trying to get past Thor so I wouldn't slam into him as I carved. I picked up too much speed as I went down, and I started to lose my balance. I had to give up on carving, and hit a solid 30 miles per hour, and I had absolutely no way to slow down without potentially falling in the middle of the road and causing a traffic accident that I may not have survived. So I looked for a spot to bail. I saw a nice patch of grass, that had not been mowed for a while, so I aimed right for the patch.
I was hoping my judo training would help me roll out the fall, but there is one thing we can't learn in our lives. When gravity attacks, there is no good response. Newton's laws didn't help either. My board hit the curb, and my feet were still attached. My body slammed into the ground, and my chin bounced. I bounced about three feet up and six feet forward. Three ribs were dislocated, and I couldn't move for a solid minute. But I got back up and started boarding again eventually. Not a great experience, but a great learning experience.
Then, a few days after that, I decided it would be fun to try and ride my longboard off a curb. here is the problem though: a longboard doesn't all go off a curb at the same time, so the bottom hit the curb and I fell forward onto my wrist. I am not saying it might be fractured, but it clicks a lot now. Then, because of Dark Souls, I may have punched a wall and broken my middle knuckle. It hurts. And it is definitely broken.
Aside from all the injuries, I have had a great month. I got a new beanie for an early birthday present, and everyone has been really cool about remembering it. Most of my birthdays are pretty terrible, and it is nice to have people who break that chain and are here for me, in spirit if not in body. I can't tell everyone just how much I appreciate them. Anyways, I have to prep for Halloween, with my new Deadpool morphsuit!! Ace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment