Followers

Monday, January 9, 2017

Nobody is Invincible

I want to write this post with the hope that anyone may someday stumble across this looking for answers or just because, and take something good away from this. I know that most people who come across this don't know me, and probably never will, but the long and short of my life story is this: I have always been a stubborn, hardheaded guy with a lot of attitude and emotion. Most people would not look at me and say "He is going to be stuck at home someday crying and afraid because of drugs" and they would certainly not have thought that the unstoppable Ace was going to be sitting at home every day afraid and terrified because the world seems so scary and confusing now.
So let me tell you something about the world. No one is invincible, and no one is perfectly safe from anything. You may be curious about trying something like pot or acid, and you may want to believe that it is safe and fine to use, despite what everyone tells you. And sure, there are a lot of people out there who are smoking and have been for years, who have dropped acid a thousand times and they don't have a single bad story, but the truth of the matter is, that isn't a life you want to live. It's so fake and lined with lies and false promises of enlightenment and pleasure. Since I have gotten clean I have come to love life for what it really is, and what it really has to offer for me. I have fallen in love with my life, and with my wife, all over again, and I can't even begin to explain how much better everything is now. It is like stepping out of your front door and discovering that after ten years of being blind, you can see again, or like finding out that you have been living with blinders on for years. It is terrifying to look at who I was before and think that I could have done that for years, or even worse, I could have just done it a few more times and not woken up one day. I still have a lot of anxiety as I detox from everything, and every day is a struggle to return to the guy I was before, with a lot of fear and uncontrollably scary thoughts that intrude on my daily life now. All it takes is one bad reaction for your whole life to change when you start up something like this. I can't say it has been all good or all bad, and that is just the truth of any situation. Growth never comes from stagnation, and very rarely is truly growing something easy or painless, because life isn't easy or painless. Don't let people convince you anything is harmless, because even if it didn't happen to them, it doesn't mean it can't happen to you. Drugs are not okay, because anything you use to escape reality is just that: an escape. There isn't any real merit to it, and the aftereffects can be destructive and terrifying. Ace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment