Followers

Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Good Decision

I've made a LOT of mistakes in my life. I have done some seriously stupid things in my life, and allowed myself to do some goofy things that have put me where I am. I have lit myself on fire, accidentally and on purpose. I have crashed longboards going 35 miles an hour down a hill on a semi busy road in a city I live in. I have done legal and illegal things that have left lasting impressions on my life and my personality. I would say my good to bad decision ratio has been about 3:1 in my life until now. But one thing has never in my mind been anything other than the most amazingly right decision I have ever made in my life. One decision has influenced me my whole life to become a better person and do better in my life. The decision that set me on the path I am on now, in an attempt to become the best person I can be, and improve myself in so many ways. I decided to poke back the girl who poked me so innocently in high school band to make sure I wasn't lonely.
My wife, a sweet woman who has many siblings, is definitely the most important living thing in my life, and has been the light of my life through some dark times. Times where the things around me were terrible, and where the things inside me had gotten pretty dark too. She has loved me throughout the good and the bad times, and has stayed by my side, even when I didn't love myself. She has been stronger than iron when I needed support, and softer than cotton when I needed love and forgiveness. My wife has been the human representation of grace and love incarnate at times, and has been the most amazing person I could have ever met in my life. The life I have now is amazing and perfect, not because I have things or money, but because I have her.
Tomorrow she turns 23, and she deserves to have the whole world know that she is the most amazing and wonderful woman in the world. Sadly my only medium for spreading this word is my blog, so any poor sap unlucky enough to stumble across this gets to read the goofy sappy stuff that I write here and probably get sick from reading something so sickly sweet. But this is the honest to god truth about my life My wife is probably not the perfect woman. I am definitely not the perfect man. And life will not always be amazing, even if we are madly in love. But I can say one thing for sure, with absolutely no doubt, and no fear: I did not make a single mistake in dating, loving, or marrying her, and I can only pray that I never fail to make her as happy as she has made me. Happy birthday Love. You are my sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment