Followers

Thursday, August 21, 2014

3 AM and my cup of coffee.

Despite the title, these two things are unrelated. They happen to have happened today though. It is the aforementioned time as I am writing this, and I am unable to sleep because my weak spot for... well, all things kind, has led me to sacrifice my bed and bedding to a good friend who was unable to come back to the academy this year. He just popped in, gave me some sad eyes, and I am officially not going to get much sleep tonight. However, it is good to see all my friends once more, and I have had a great first three days in class. Judo tomorrow, and I can't wait.
So my coffee is essential to me most of the time. I had two cups today, and attempted to fill a to go cup so I could carry some to class. Thanks to anime, youtube, facebook, tumblr, and about everything else the internet has to offer, I was almost late, and coffee-less. In fact, I had to go to art, and I had no sketchbook, no coffee, and no writing utensils. So I utilized my charm, and innocent face to borrow a pencil from my hallmate and a few sheets of paper from an unsuspected girl on the bus, whom I may have accidentally blasted with too much of my "sweet guy" look because she actually asked me afterwards if I wanted some coffee with her. I politely declined, as I am engaged, and walked away, slightly more confident in my own way.
However, all is not well in the middle of nowhere, and it's up to Ace to save his best friend! Let me tell you, reader(s?), college is scary. Not the people, per say, or the classes. No, it's the sheer newness of certain situations. In my small town, everyone knew I was engaged, and most everyone respected that and stayed away. Unlike small towns, my academy does not know my whole backstory, and thanks to a lack of an actual wedding ring, it is up to me to work in the word engaged in a normal conversation to deter women. It is pretty easy for me as I am quite devoted. However, my first year of college put doubts in my head. Cute girls pay attention to you, flirt, and just try to get into your head. It scares a man, especially one like me, whose dating experience and attention from women has come very specifically from the one girl. I got through it, and am stronger for it. But Death is in a sticky situation. He and his other happen to be having a lot of problems as of late anyways, the specifics of which are unnecessary, suffice to say they are drifting. He is, however, my carbon copy and brother in everything except blood. He can not hurt anyone. And because he worries breaking it off with his other could hurt her, he is waiting for her to do it for him. She does not seem so inclined. Now, Death is tall, freckled, just barely red haired, and a good looking guy. Even as his friend, I have to admit he isn't lacking in the looks department. He is three days into college and the poor boy has been literally GIVEN numbers. A student from Africa has been in america four days and has asked Death on three dates. Two girls have already come to our room just to talk to him, and one, an old friend, has openly stated she simply "wants to kiss him and cuddle him all day." (Totally not jealous of him, this has to suck.) He won't break his other's heart, and I know she won't be leaving him soon, so pray, wish him luck, or hope he has good karma, whatever your preference may be, that he come out of this unscathed and pure as ever.
As always ending on a positive note, Japanese class has gone quite well, and I have fallen in love with my teacher. Not love love, but absolutely in love with her energy and teaching style. She makes the whole class laugh, taught us shortcuts for the katakana, and is an all around wonderful teacher. This was the class I have been looking forward to all summer, and I am glad to have a great teacher.
Lastly, on a personal note, I would like to offer some advice to anyone of any age reading this blog: Getting angry is very easy. Even I get really frustrated at stupid games. Sometimes the greatest way to relieve stress is to clench your fist as hard as you can, tight as it will go, and slowly open your hand. Focusing on how great the releasing of muscles in your hand is, can really soothe your spirits because it feels like you are literally letting go of the anger, frustration, or stress. I have been utilizing this method, and I have become much less infuriated by games. Which used to be a huge issue for me. Ace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment