Followers

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

New beginnings and much work to do.

After a three month dry spell, my little sister is ecstatic to make me post again. Back in college, and with access to as much internet as i can squeeze into a nine month period, I am now behind seven blog posts, and she will work her cute magic and make me feel guilty until I catch up and remain active here. I love her though, and blogging is a fun, great way to relieve stress and talk freely.
So, it is a new year for me, and I have a new class set. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I have Professional Writing, and 2D-Art. On Mondays and Wednesdays in the afternoon I have Japanese with the smallest, most energetic Japanese woman alive. She is so funny, and is going to be a great teacher. Tuesdays I only have Democracy and Citizenship at 2 O'clock, so I don't have to wake up early. And lastly, on Thursdays, I have Democracy again, and Judo later in the night. So my schedule is pretty great.
But the best part of all, and I can't stress this enough, is that my best friend and brother in everything except blood is my roommate, and my other great friends are across the hall from me. I am surrounded by a bunch of great guys that I can't wait to spend another year with. Death, as my new roommate, has been accepted quite well, and feels completely at ease. Sol, my ex-roommate and I have still got our great banter, and Dying Youth, my gamer buddy from last year has moved in with Sol. Final Chase has also joined the fray, but he has a room to himself adjacent to Sol and Youth. My social life will flourish this year.
In saying that, I would like to impart some wisdom for anyone in college or school in general. Many people claim that in school, there are good grades, good social life, and good sleep, and that you have to choose between two of the three and there is no middle ground. One of my professors, and I quote, told us that, "is utter bullcrap." He then proceeded to give this tip. If you do feel that you cannot juggle the three, give up sleep. Ask someone ten years from now what their favorite classes were, and they can give you a few names, even the professors who taught them. Ask them some of their favorite friends, or parties, or events, and they can likely tell you about the awesome yearly foam party or slip and slide events. But ask them their best nap, and they probably won't be able to give an exact moment. So, for those who are worried, I hope that eased your stress a little. Coffee more than makes up for a little less sleep than usual.
Lastly, I just want to say, Anime holds a special place in my heart. It is wonderful programming, and generally wholesome, albeit sometimes slightly sexual. I know some are worse than others, but for the most part I watch fairly clean anime. College is a great time for Anime. An episode or two between classes, a reward for completed homework or assignments, or just to relax. For non-anime watchers, or people who think I am a nerd, I suggest you try a few. Look up genres, and styles, try one or two before you knock it. And for those who watch anime and need suggestions, or just want to talk anime, feel free to comment, I will try to respond to everyone. Ace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment