Followers

Saturday, August 23, 2014

ALS, and concussions.

Today has been an eventful day. I did possibly one of the funniest, stupidest things I have ever done, and my head still aches from it. I was on my stomach on a skateboard in my dorm hallway, and Sol decided to try to sit on me, which prompted me loudly screaming "RAPE!" and turtle crawling away as quickly as I could. It was hilarious, and not at all a bad idea. Until I reached the end of the hallway, realized how fast I was going, and opened a closed and mostly secured door with my head. I didn't push the handle in either. I may have knocked myself out a little bit, but Death and Sol were on the floor laughing and I have shown no signs of a real concussion other than slight headaches. But that is to be expected.
Then, about twenty minutes later, I did the ALS ice water challenge with my whole dorm floor. We have a video on facebook and everything. I helped dump water, and at the end, Sol and I got the largest bucket dumped on us. It was quite fun, and cold water really isn't so bad.
Even better, I tried to learn to skateboard today. Did not go well. Busted up my hip pretty badly, but not much worse than any other part of me. In fact, that is easy to forget about laying here blogging. I discovered I have a knack for longboarding though, which is just... well, a longer skateboard.
This blog post is a little shorter than usual because of all of my posts coming so quickly, but I will make some longer better ones once I start slowing down again! thanks for reading. Ace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment