Followers

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Misconceptions

So I bought a new toy today. It is called an electronic hookah. It sounds sketchy, and I had to do a lot of research after my friends bought one to understand what it is. It uses plant glycose to produce what is essentially just flavored vapors. There is an option to add nicotine, however, as I have quit smoking not too long ago, I figured it would be a good idea to avoid the drug. Nicotine is not good for you, nor is it healthy to be addicted to anything. Especially when I have dealt with caffeine and nicotine addictions before in my life. One of the popular misconceptions about an electronic hookah is that it is weed related, or very tobacco related. While that is true in a typical, water based hookah pipe, it is not of ehookahs, because they are focused on fun flavors of vaporized plant glycose and spawn great flavors like rootbeer float, skittles, and watermelon jolly rancher. I like blowing smoke rings as well, which I have gotten quite good at, and makes me feel vaguely like Bilbo as he puffs on his pipe. It is a harmless, addictionless, fun hobby, and I have done a lot of research to ensure that I have not purchased an addictive, or unhealthy tool.
On another, money related note, I have discovered that I have much more preference spending money on others than myself. I spent a lot of money at a Khol's today, and bought about 60 to 70 dollars worth of clothing for Death as a birthday present. Then, after spending all that money, I gave him the sixty dollar gift card that came with it. I felt great, and I wasn't looking for recognition. I just truly enjoyed giving him repayment for a lot of the things he has done for me. Plus, he really helped me pick out some nice clothes for the school year.
Finally, I just want to say, people don't change much throughout life. It is a sad fact sometimes, but in many ways it is truly wonderful. Friends for life exists because no matter how old Death and I get, we will always have essentially the same mindset, life goals, and personalities. While that also has its downsides, I firmly believe that anything that gives me the ability to fall in love for life, whether with my fiancee, or my best friends, or my little sister, its negative sides are easily dismissed. I am not saying no one ever changes, but in the long run, a person never really changes their beliefs, or their mindsets about things. Small things differ, but most people will always think the same way. On that note, I will say, I am happy with most everyone I know, and I don't want them to change anyways! Love you guys! Ace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment